SME'S & AIM LISTED
Residential Property Company Secretary
We are specialists in companies owning freehold property and right to manage, and the incorporation of Companies Limited by Shares and Companies Limited by Guarantee (RTM Companies). The residents usually act as the Company Directors and shareholders. In large properties, it is not normally necessary for every person to be a Director although all residents will normally hold one share.
Virtual Company Secretary can assist with the provision of ongoing support to the residents. Acting as registered office, providing Directors service addresses so that your home addresses are not publicly disclosed and easily searchable on the internet. Preparation and filing of financial accounts, preparation and filing of annual confirmation statement, legal requirements on the sale of the property, arranging to transfer the shares, drafting indemnities required, drafting Deeds of Covenant and Certificates of Compliance for the Land Registry.
We currently act for 200+ UK Companies. Our largest freehold collective enfranchisement client is a converted hospital containing 225 apartments.
We cannot stress enough the importance that Directors ensure they are in compliance with the Companies Act, that the correct fillings are made at Companies House and with HMRC, and that all documentation be properly dealt with at the time of a property transfer.
To provide the following services on an annual basis:
- Provision of Registered Office & Directors Service Addresses
- Act as Company Secretary
- Prepare & file the annual confirmation Statement with the Registrar of Companies
- Prepare & file the annual statutory accounts with the Registrar of Companies & HMRC
- Process all applications from new lessees to become shareholders
- Hold the Registers of Directors, Shareholders and Persons of Significant Control
- Advice on compliance with the Companies Act
Further to the above, we are able to offer ad hoc Company Secretarial services, examples include:
- Resignations and appointments of Directors
- Redrafting of the Articles of Association and filing with the Registrar of Companies
- Issuing additional shares
- Drafting resolutions and minutes or attending meetings of the Directors or Shareholders
- Checking eligibility & producing share certificates for all Shareholders
- Company Health Check; review of the documents & public filings of the Company